Friday, March 6, 2009

Wild At Heart

I purchased a copy of the book Wild at Heart last night at my local Barnes & Noble.  The book has been around for many years and has fans and detractors.  Both are seething in their approach to the book.

I have no idea what I will think of the book once I am finished.  I do plan on approaching it with and open mind.  I also plan on looking up every passage of scripture quoted in the book to make sure it was not taken out of context.  I live in an area where major religions have done that same error to promote their beliefs. I am a skeptic about everything I read, and this will be no exception.

On the other hand, I do need to find out what my identity as a man is supposed to be.  My physical role models have been few and far between.  Since there was no man in my life as a child, I have no preconceived notions of what it means to be a man (neither negative or positive).  So I do pray that God will show me the role that he has for me in my marriage and with my relationship with my children. 

I will keep a running journal on my blog on each chapter to let you know what I think of the book and any personal thoughts the book may be prompting me to consider.

Blessings

0 comments:

 

  © 2009 Nate's Musings

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika  

Free web directory