Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm Tired of Feeling Bad for Being a Christian

I have to admit, I have been one of those people that make fun of other Christians.  I have even been one of those Christians that have apologized for what we (the church) have done to others in the name of Christ. On one hand this needs to be done.  Christians continue to hurt others every day.  But how far does it have to go?  When do we stop apologizing?  When do we just live our lives as we should, as the bible shows us?  I for one, am tired of minimalizing my relationship with Christ.  It defines me, it makes who I am for better or worse.
I know I have screwed up in judging.  I am sorry.  I know that I have been your typical American Christian.  I am sorry.  But, I don't apologize for being a Christian.  I am not ashamed of calling myself a Christian.  I am not ashamed to admit to people that Faith is a narrow road.  I am not ashamed to tell people that there is a savior who died for their sins.  I am not ashamed to tell people there is only one way to the Father.

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

What do you think?  Should we feel bad that we are Christians?  Should we constantly apologize.  Should we rethink the narrow road?  I would love to hear your feedback.

0 comments:

 

  © 2009 Nate's Musings

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika  

Free web directory