Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tom, Jerry, After School and the 80's

I was your stereo-typical latch key kid growing up in the eighties.  My mom had to work and never made it home until after 5pm.  We didn't have dvd players, video games, or computers to keep us busy. We didn't have Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, or Disney Channel to watch our cartoons or kid friendly shows.  In fact our cable consisted of 13 channels.  And some of them were just repeats of affiliates coming out Salt Lake.  But there were shows that I watched every day.  Tom and Jerry, The Brady Bunch, and Little House on the Prairie were on every weekday from 3pm until 5pm.

I turned on Cartoon Network this afternoon and happened to catch an hour worth of classic Tom and Jerry cartoons.  All the memories came flooding back to me.  For a moment it was like it was 1982 all over again. It's funny the things that can bring back memories.

What was it like after school when you were a kid?

One of my favorites of all time....

1 comments:

Finny said...

Mine was quite the opposite experience. I came home to a house full of kids everyday. I walked home from school with half of them. My mom had a daycare at home. It was great when I was in elementary school, as I always had a playmate! It wasn't until I was in junior high that I started watching t.v. in the afternoon. My every day show was The Monkees. I still have a crush on Mickey Dolenz!

 

  © 2009 Nate's Musings

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika  

Free web directory